Calling all medical students! Take an afternoon break from the science of medicine to learn how to lead, advocate for and get a job in your future profession. The 2nd Annual NCMS Medical Student Summit will be held at the North Carolina Medical Society’s Center for Leadership in Medicine in downtown Raleigh on Saturday, March 4, from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Developing Physician Leadership: Identify your leadership style and learn more about leadership development programs available through the NCMS
- Financing Health Care — Where We’ve Been, Where We Might Go: Learn about the different health care trends and where the future of medicine is heading
- The Importance of Advocacy: Why you need to get involved in legislative affairs now
- Healthy Personal Finance: Most students have a lot of debt right out of the gate. Learn how you can get a plan in place.
- Getting Involved in the AMA: Get details on how the AMA’s House of Delegates works and what you can do as a student
- Employment Arrangements: This panel discussion will further inform you about your employment options when you graduate