For North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS) members this conference also includes our Annual Business meeting. With the dissolution of the House of Delegates last year, this important meeting will serve as a forum to bring health policy issues to the NCMS Board of Directors. The new NCMS officers and board members will be installed during this meeting as well.
A few reasons to attend:
- You can earn 13.75 hours of CME.
- Voice your opinion on health policy issues of importance to you by bringing them to the NCMS Board of Directors at the NCMS Annual Business Meeting on Saturday afternoon. There is no cost to attend this meeting.
- Fulfill your opioid prescribing CME requirement. This free session is titled “Opioid Prescribing: Safe Practice, Changing Lives” and is presented by the popular, Christopher Grubb, MD.
- Begin to celebrate what’s good in your work, your relationships, your family and yourself. Dr. Wayne Sotile, back by popular demand, is a national speaker on resilience, and will help you understand the important connection between your career and what you carry home after the work day.
- Learn how to avoid common patient communication pitfalls.
- Better understand the move to value-based payment from innovative North Carolina health care leaders who have made the move.
- Find out more about what North Carolina health officials are doing to fight the Zika virus.
Review the full agenda and register for this must-attend event here.