Welcome Kernodle Clinic – Formalizing a Long History With the NCMS!

kernodleThe North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS) is thrilled to welcome all 50 physicians and physician assistants who make up the Kernodle Clinic to NCMS membership. The NCMS and Kernodle have had a long and positive affiliation. Welcoming the clinic’s entire medical staff is a meaningful acknowledgement of our history.

“We extend a hearty welcome to our friends at the Kernodle Clinic. Joining as a group formalizes the fact that the Kernodle family has been a part of the NCMS for decades. Providing NCMS membership to all Kernodle Clinic physicians and physician assistants recognizes their long held belief in the important work we do on behalf of physicians and physician assistants,” said NCMS CEO Robert W. Seligson. “Our new ‘super group’ membership model has proven appealing to a growing number of physician groups — large and small — throughout the state, which now have access to the many benefits of NCMS membership.”

The Kernodle Clinic was founded in 1949 when brothers Harold B. Kernodle, Sr., MD, and Charles E. Kernodle, Jr., MD and their cousin John Robert Kernodle, MD, all graduates of Duke University, realized their vision of a single, multi-specialty clinic. All three founders joined the NCMS that year. Dr. John Robert Kernodle went on to serve as President of the NCMS in 1963. Carrying on the family tradition of practicing medicine – and being NCMS members – other Kernodle family members, George Kernodle, Sr., MD, Dwight Kernodle, MD, were all longtime NCMS members along with Harold Kernodle, Jr., MD and George Kernodle, Jr., MD.

The legacy of our partnership continues. We now look forward to welcoming all Kernodle Clinic physicians and physician assistants to NCMS membership.

 
 

Share this Post