Are you interested in becoming a leader within the medical community? The NCMS Leadership College
, which provides leadership skills training to North Carolina’s future medical leaders, is accepting nominations for the Class of 2013. One of the most distinctive qualities of the Leadership College is that the courses are designed and often taught by physicians. A limited number of nominees are selected to participate. Nomination forms are due by Friday, August 10, 2012
and should be completed by the nominee and the nominating organization.
Courses taught through Leadership College will focus on:
- Leadership styles and competencies;
- Delegation and teamwork;
- Conflict resolution;
- Media relations and spokesperson training;
- Communication and advocacy strategies;
- Negotiation skills for medical professionals;
- Management fundamentals of non-profit organizations;
- Legislative policy and advocacy.
Given the rapidly changing health care environment and the call to action for physicians to serve as leaders, Leadership College scholars will learn how to effectively address local, state, and national health care issues.
Nomination forms can be found here. Questions can be directed to Pam Highsmith, Director of Development, at email@example.com or 919-833-3836.