Palmetto GBA is preparing to assume the North Carolina Medicare Part B workload on May 28, 2011, and has updated the NCMS on the transition:
- A new Payer Identification Number (11502) becomes effective on the implementation date, May 28, 2011. Medicare providers should begin to submit claims using the new Payer ID on that date.
- The April 1 issue of the Bulletin reported that Palmetto GBA issued a Welcome Letter and Implementation Guide to help Medicare physicians and other providers in the implementation. This applies to services billed on CMS-1500/837B by North Carolina Part B providers currently billing CIGNA. Other Medicare providers will receive information about their implementation over the next several months.
- Processing of EFT agreements is going according to plan. Palmetto says they are meeting their timelines for getting the agreements processed. They have processed 80% of all EFT Agreements that they expected to receive from NC Part B providers. (If your practice hasn’t done this yet, click HERE right now!)
- 85 claims submitters have been connected to early boarding. This covers 75% of all providers and Palmetto GBA expects this number to continue to rise in the next week.
- Important– next week practices will likely see a large infusion of cash from CIGNA as they clear pending claims from their decks. This will be followed by a period of two weeks of little to no payment from Palmetto. Be sure your practice plans accordingly. Read more about the “Claims Payment Floor Release” here: http://cignagovernmentservices.com/partb/pubs/news/2011/0511/cope14634.pdf
Questions should be directed to Palmetto’s Implementation Hotline at (888) 791-1938, or the website www.palmettogba.com/j11b.