The North Carolina Spine Society (NCSS) Annual Meeting will be held Friday-Saturday, August 17-18, 2012, at the Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, NC. The meeting is jointly sponsored by the NCSS and Wake Area Health Education Center (Wake AHEC). Participants can receive up to 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Jens R. Chapman, MD, Hansjorg Wyss Professor; Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine; and Joint Professor for the Department of Neurological Surgery at the University of Washington School of Medicine and Haborview Medical Center in Seattle, Washington, will be the keynote speaker at the meeting.
The meeting is designed for orthopaedic and neurosurgical spine specialists and will address the following:
- Symptomatic cervical myelopathy;
- Non-operative and surgical treatment of cervical myelopathy;
- Treatment options for cervical myelopathy;
- Outcome assessment within spine surgery practice;
- Axial back pain treatment;
- Instrumentation techniques that minimize iatrogenic injury;
- Emerging techniques for lumbar stenosis.