The Road to 10 gives providers the capability to build ICD-10 action plans tailored for their practice needs. The customized action plans break down the transition into concrete steps:
- Plan Your Journey – Look at the codes you use, prepare a budget, and build a team;
- Train Your Team – Find options and resources to help your team get ready for the transition;
- Update Your Processes – Check your clinical documentation and update policies, procedures, systems, and forms;
- Engage Your Partners – Talk to your software vendors, clearinghouses, and billing services; and
- Test Your Systems and Processes – Test within your practice and with your partners.
The tool is designed for use by small practices in primary care as well as all specialties. The Road to 10’s resources include common ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes, clinical documentation primers, and clinical scenarios for:
- Family practice
- Internal medicine
The North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS) also can provide our members with resources to help them make the transition to the new coding system. Contact Franklin Walker, Director of Programs and Practice Mangement for the NCMS Foundation. In addition, the NCMS is joining with BCBSNC in a series of ICD-10 workshops across the state to help prepare practices. New sessions have already been added due to the high demand. An updated schedule of the sessions is available here.