The 2012 Sports Medicine Symposium, an event sponsored by the North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians, the Southern Regional Area Health Education Center (SR-AHEC) and the NCMS Sports Medicine Committee will be held Saturday-Sunday, July 7-8, 2012 at the Kingston Plantation Embassy Suites Hotel, Myrtle Beach, SC. Attendees can receive up to eight AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
The symposium will allow health care professionals practicing sports medicine to:
- Analyze and report on the elements of the Concussion Release for Return to Play forms;
- Recognize signs of complicated concussions;
- Comprehend the complexity of tendon injury;
- Identify exercises to treat tendinopathy;
- Become familiar with the ultrasound used to diagnose tendon tears.