New Health Reform Resources from the NCMS and our Partners
- Now available: Download the NCMS’ Guide to Health Reform for Providers
Providing you with information on the key components of the Affordable Care Act & other Federal and State laws and programs that may affect you and your practice.
- From the Physicians Foundation – The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: From Theory to Boots on the Ground (PDF). This 48-page guide highlights a number of important provisions of the ACA that will be coming into effect in 2014.
- From the NCMS PA Section and the NCAPA – A downloadable/printable brochure aimed at informing patients about the health insurance requirements of the ACA. Pass these helpful resources on to your patients!
- Another helpful resource is the NCMS’ Health Reform FAQs. Have a question you don’t see on the list? Submit it to the Solution Center!
Additional Health Reform Information
Health Reform Basics
- Read the Affordable Care Act (PDF – 907 pages)
- NCMS Summary of HSR Provisions Affecting Physicians (PowerPoint)
- NCMS Guiding Principles for Health System Reform (PDF)
Health Reform and You
- The Impact of Health System Reform on Medicaid in North Carolina (PDF)
- Health System Reform’s Effect on Medicare
- Demonstration and Pilot Programs Included in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (PDF)
- Grant Opportunities Found in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (PDF)
- New Organizations Established by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (PDF)
Research and Resources