There is still time to register for the 2012 Sports Medicine Symposium, an event sponsored by the NCMS Sports Medicine Committee and the North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians (NCAFP). The symposium will be held Saturday-Sunday, July 7-8, 2012 at the Kingston Plantation Embassy Suites Hotel, Myrtle Beach, SC. There also will be a reception prior to the event on Friday evening, July 6. Attendees can receive up to 8.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
The symposium is for physicians with an interest in sports medicine and highlights new diagnostic techniques and treatment options for:
- Complicated concussion;
- Heat/critical issues in management;
- Patellar Tendon; Achilles Tendinopathy;
- Ultrasound use in diagnosing/monitoring metatarsal fractures;
- Rotator cuff partial and complete tears;
- Pediatric anterior knee pain;
- And includes workshops designed to master examination skills.