The Nominating and Leadership Development Committee is seeking nominations from physician members for NCMS leadership positions that will become vacant in 2015. The deadline for receiving all nominations is July 1. If you are interested in serving in the following positions, please submit your nomination form to Devdutta G. Sangvai, MD, Chair of the Nominating and Leadership Development Committee, NCMS, PO Box 27167, Raleigh, NC 27611-7167.
NCMS BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- President-Elect (1-year term)
- Region and At-Large Members (3-year term)
- Region 1 Representative (1) (incumbent eligible for re-election)
- At-Large Member (1) (incumbent eligible for re-election)
- AMA Delegates (3) (2-year term) (incumbents eligible for re-election)
- AMA Alternate Delegate (1) (2-year term) (incumbent eligible for re-election)
The NCMS Board of Directors is seeking nominations for the following positions. If you are interested in serving in these positions, please submit your nomination form and resume to Robert E. Schaaf, MD, President, NCMS, PO Box 27167, Raleigh, NC 27611-7167.
- North Carolina Medical Care Commission (1) (4-year term) (incumbent eligible for re-election)
- North Carolina Commission for Public Health (2) (4-year term) (incumbents eligible for re-election)
NOMINATING AND LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE (6) (2-year term)
The Committee strives to identify, attract, and develop the most competent physician leadership in the Society.
- Region 1 (1) (incumbent not eligible for re-election)
- Region 2 (1)
- Region 3 (2)
- Region 4 (2) (One incumbent not eligible for re-election)
Region 1 includes:
Beaufort, Bertie, Brunswick, Camden, Carteret, Chowan, Columbus, Craven, Currituck, Dare, Duplin, Edgecombe, Gates, Greene, Halifax, Hertford, Hyde, Jones, Lenoir, Martin, Nash, New Hanover, Northampton, Onslow, Pamlico, Pasquotank, Pender, Perquimans, Pitt, Tyrrell, Washington, Wayne, Wilson
Region 2 includes:
Alamance, Caswell, Chatham, Davidson, Davie, Durham, Forsyth, Franklin, Granville, Guilford, Johnston, Lee, Montgomery, Orange, Person, Randolph, Rockingham, Stokes, Vance, Wake, Warren
Region 3 includes:
Anson, Bladen, Cabarrus, Cleveland, Cumberland, Gaston, Harnett, Hoke, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Moore, Richmond, Robeson, Sampson, Scotland, Stanly, Union
Region 4 includes:
Alleghany, Alexander, Ashe, Avery, Burke, Buncombe, Caldwell, Catawba, Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Iredell, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Rowan, Rutherford, Surry, Swain, Transylvania, Watauga, Wilkes, Yadkin, Yancey
To obtain a nomination form for any of the above positions, please contact Abbey Ruggiero at (800) 722-1350 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.