T. Reginald Harris, MD.
Presented annually in conjunction with the fall meeting of the North Carolina Medical Society, a plaque is given to a North Carolina physician for outstanding achievements in the areas of health care quality and service to the medical community.
“In memory of Dr. Harris, we continue to honor a deserving physician who has made a significant contribution to the practice of medicine and outstanding patient care,” said John R. Mangum, MD, board president of CCME. “Dr. Harris devoted his career to improving the quality of health care for patients in North Carolina. He provided decades of service to the medical community through the North Carolina Medical Society, the American Medical Association, and many other professional, civic, and community activities.”
To nominate a physician, please complete and submit the nomination form for the physician leader you think is most deserving by Friday, August 15, 2014. The form can be accessed and downloaded at www.thecarolinascenter.org/HarrisAward
For more information, contact Melinda Postal, CCME director of communications, at 800-682-2650, ext. 7535, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past winners include:
- •2013: David T. Tayloe, Jr., MD
- •2012: Patrick Healy, MD
- •2011: Carol Koeble, MD
- •2010: James G. Jones, MD
- •2009: Herman A. Godwin, Jr., MD
- •2008: Donald K. Wallace, MD
- •2007: Elizabeth P. Kanof, MD
- •2006: Laura Hanson, MD, MPH
- •2005: Larry Cutchin, MD
- •2004: E. Harvey Estes, Jr., MD
- •2003: F. Maxton “Mac” Mauney, Jr., MD
- •2002: Charles O. Boyette, MD
- •2001: H. David Bruton, MD
- •2000: John Glasson, MD
- •1999: Henry J. Carr, Jr., MD