Steven E. Wegner, MD, JD, chair of the North Carolina Community Care Network, will lead a panel discussion examining Specialist and primary care strategies for improving quality and lowering costs.
- Alan M Speir, MD, chairman of the Virginia Cardiac Surgery Quality Initiative, will discuss the dramatic improvement in patient care that this statewide program has achieved.
- Jeffrey G. James, CEO of Wilmington Health Associates, will explain how physicians can transform the culture of health care to support comprehensive and accountable care.
- L. Allen Dobson, Jr., MD, president and CEO of Community Care of North Carolina, will describe how patient-centered medical homes can expand to become medical neighborhoods through coordination with specialist physicians.
- Harold D. Miller, Executive Director of the Center for Healthcare Quality and Payment Reform, will explore new approaches to physician payment and delivery of care.
- Jeremy A. Lazarus, MD, President-Elect of the AMA, will discuss how physicians can lead in this new payment revolution, as well as describe the Washington landscape with regard to new federal pilot programs.
- Grace E. Terrell, MD, CEO, President of Cornerstone Health Care, will discuss delivery innovations at Carolina Regional Heart Center and a next generation clinical information system to improve population health.
- Craigan L. Gray, MD, Director of the State of North Carolina Division of Medical Assistance (DMA) will survey the landscape of new models of care in the state.
This seminar is an American Medical Association program presented in conjunction with the North Carolina Medical Society. Register today!