The NCMS PAC is a voluntary, nonpartisan, committee organized to help engage NCMS members in governmental affairs through engaging them in supporting candidates for state-level elected office. Membership consists of physician, physician assistant, resident, medical student, and physician spouse contributors who are dedicated to the mission of electing health care focused representatives to statewide office and the General Assembly.
The NCMS PAC is governed by the NCMS PAC Board of Directors, which is made up entirely of NCMS members. PAC Board members serve 2 year terms and represent a wide range of specialties, geographic locations and political persuasions. They are responsible for organizing and activating their colleagues in PAC affairs. They also approve all candidate contributions.
NCMS PAC Board of Directors
The NCMS PAC Board of Directors is comprised of politically active physicians from across the state of North Carolina.
- Matthew B. Martin, MD (General Surgery/Greensboro, NC) – Chair
- Sharon M. Foster, MD, FAAP (Pediatrics/Raleigh, NC) – Vice Chair
- Edward A. (Chip) Hedrick, MPAS, PA-C (Orthopaedics/Raleigh, NC) – Treasurer
- Clyde L. Brooks, Jr., MD (Internal Medicine/Greenville, NC)
- David O. Cook, MD (Urology/Winston-Salem, NC)
- Lindsey E. de Guehery, MD (Pulmonary Disease & Internal Medicine/Wilson, NC)
- E. Rebecca Hayes, MD, FAAFP (Family Medicine/Concord, NC)
- Rachel Keever, MD (Cardiology/Forest City, NC)
- Timothy J. Reeder, MD, MPH, FACEP (Emergency Medicine/Greenville, NC)
- Jeffrey W. Runge, MD (Emergency Medicine/Chapel Hill, NC)
- Randall W. Williams, MD (Gynecology/Raleigh, NC)
- G. Van Huffmon, MD, FACS (Neurological Surgery/Wilmington, NC)