Here’s a sample of what you said:
- 52% of members joined the NCMS in order to support the medical profession;
- 20% joined to be involved in and help shape the future of the profession.
Responses were evenly split about NCMS’ greatest strength—between legislative/regulatory representation, the size and scope of the membership, and issue advocacy.
More than 83% of responding members would recommend NCMS membership to colleagues. 72% of responding members feel that their dues investment in the NCMS Is a good value for the money.
Additional survey questions were designed to gauge member concerns about the future of their practice:
- 36% were “more negative than I was initially” about health reform.
- 37% of respondents believe that health reform will increase patient volume at their practices;
- 31% expect patient volume to remain the same.
- 62% believe that health reform will diminish the financial viability of their practice.
- 62% of respondents are currently using electronic medical records (EMR).
- 44% support physicians participating in unions; 38% oppose and 18% do not know.
- 75% of members responding currently have “on-call” schedules.