One of the benefits of the NCMS Plan that stands out in the health insurance market is retiree coverage. Physicians who retire from a practice in the NCMS Plan, along with spouses and dependents of retired physicians, can retain their coverage until eligible for Medicare. Early retiree benefits also can extend to non-Physician employees who retire early, at age 55 with at least 10 years of service.
When physicians or their dependents retire or plan for retirement, many decisions need to be made about insurance coverages. The MMIC Agency can assist with these decisions, outside of the NCMS Plan. Insurance products available include:
- Individual health and dental insurance – available for early retirees.
- Long-term care insurance – marketed by Southeast Senior Strategies, an MMIC Agency endorsed vendor.
- Medicare & Medicare Advantage – marketed by Marc Jessup Insurance and Southeast Senior Strategies, each an MMIC Agency endorsed vendor.
- Medicare Supplement – marketed by Marc Jessup Insurance and Southeast Senior Strategies, each an MMIC Agency endorsed vendor.
- Voluntary Insurance Products, including Critical Illness, Cancer Assist and Hospital Confinement coverages, which are products that when purchased as an active employee are portable when retiring.
For more information on accessing these NCMS member benefits, contact the MMIC Agency at (919) 878-7587 or (800) 662-7917, or visit www.ncmsplan.com.