Among those adopted:
- To support a recommendation to the state to require that first responders submit an annual attestation that he or she has completed at least 20 hours of continuing education before they are allowed to perform their duties.
- To support the American Medical Association’s Truth in Advertising campaign for public and legislative awareness of use of the term “doctor” by non-physician health care providers. More information on the AMA’s campaign may be found here.
- To support encouraging all constituent county medical societies to endorse inclusion of Physician Assistants in their membership.
- To support the creation and utilization of a statewide pediatric growth chart.
The House of Delegates also agreed to refer several resolutions to the Board of Directors for further study and to report back to the House. Included in these were:
- Whether medical students should be represented on the NCMS Board of Directors.
- On-field testing of all participants playing football in North Carolina for concussive symptoms.