At its annual strategic planning retreat last weekend, the NCMS Board of Directors focused its attention on helping members prepare for impending changes to the health care system. The Board directed staff to develop programs and resources on:
- Health system reform evolution and implementation;
- Quality measurement and education;
- Health information technology infrastructure and implementation;
- Organized medical staff issues, including developing programs to better assist hospital-employed physicians;
- Medical liability reform; and
- Health care workforce issues.
Look for information on these issues on the Heath System Reform Center on the NCMS website and in future editions of the Bulletin.