The North Carolina Rural Center, in its second year of the Rural Hope program, has partnered with several organizations to provide over $6 million in funding to assist health care facilities with renovation and/or construction projects in rural North Carolina. Projects seeking Rural Center funding may be eligible for up to $480,000, with actual amounts being determined by the number of new, full-time jobs that will be created as a result of the bricks and mortar improvements.
To be eligible, projects must be located in one of the 85 rural counties in North Carolina. In addition:
- Health care entities must partner with a unit of local government to submit an application.
- Grant funds are available only for the construction/renovation of health care related facilities (purchase of equipment, personnel costs, building acquisition, etc. are not eligible).
- Grant amounts are determined at $8,000 per new, full-time position to be created in the new, expanded or renovated facility.
- A dollar for dollar match is required and must contribute to the construction/renovation project.
- Pre-application materials are due to the Rural Center by November 15, 2010, and full applications are due December 17, 2010.
CLICK HERE for program details and application materials.