Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC), in collaboration with the North Carolina Health Information Exchange (NC HIE) and Allscripts offers the North Carolina Program to Advance Technology for Health (NC PATH) – a program created to equip physicians with EHR software and support, and connect health care communities across the state through health information exchange technologies.
At the NC PATH Fall Expo, held at three locations throughout the state in October, attendees will be able to:
- See a demo of Allscripts MyWay and take a test drive;
- Learn about North Carolina’s statewide health information exchange (NC HIE);
- Discuss financial incentives for Meaningful Use of health IT with representatives from Medicaid and North Carolina’s regional extension centers;
- Find out how to send and receive labs electronically; and
- Get information on Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and the Blue Quality Physicians Program (BQPP).
NC PATH includes Allscripts MyWay EHR software solution (hosting, support, and maintenance), and NC HIE connectivity at a fraction of the cost. BCBSNC is funding 85 percent of costs for 600 independent primary care providers, and 100 percent for 39 free clinics over the next five years.
This expo will help health care professionals move toward a healthy and profitable practice. Expo dates include:
Tuesday, October 9: Mountain AHEC, Asheville
Wednesday, October 10: Alamance Country Club, Burlington
Thursday, October 11: City Hotel & Bistro, Greenville
For questions about the NC PATH Fall Expo, contact Whitney Baker at email@example.com or 919-882-0325.