Click here to access a pdf-version of ACOs, CO-OPs and other Options: A “How-To” Manual for Physicians Navigating a Post-Health Reform World.
Additional resources and information are available on the NCMS Toward Accountable Care webpage.
On July 16, sixty physicians and practice managers from across the state gathered at the Hilton Raleigh-Durham Airport for a daylong seminar on ACOs hosted jointly by the NCMS and the AMA 2011 Pathways to Success Program. Moderated by AMA President-Elect Jeremy A. Lazarus, MD, the presentation focused on what physicians need to know about ACOs and the coming changes in payment practices. These presentations are available on the Toward Accountable Care Website and include:
- Pathways for Physician Success in Accountable Care Organizations and Healthcare Payment Reform – Harold D. Miller, Executive Director, Center for Healthcare Quality and Payment Reform (PDF-59 pages)
- Cornerstone Health Care: Running with the Bulls and Eating Elephants – Grace E. Terrell, MD, Practicing Physician at Cornerstone Health Care (PDF-41 pages)
- Health Care Reform or Health Care Dystocia? Where Do ACOs Fit in? – Craigan L. Gray, MD, MBA, JD, Director, Division of Medical Assistance, State of North Carolina (PDF-15 pages)
- Community Care of NC: Advancing Accountable Care in NC – Steven E. Wegner, MD, JD, Chair, North Carolina Community Care Network (PDF-20 pages).
- Specialist Strategies for Improving Quality and Lowering Costs – Alan M. Speir, MD, Chairman, Virginia Cardiac Surgery Quality Initiative (PDF-28 pages)
- Federal Policy on the Next Generation of Physician Payment – Jeremy A. Lazarus, MD, President-Elect, American Medical Association (PDF-12 pages)
Other Helpful Practice Resources Available from NCMS
In addition to the AMA resource on ACOs and other payment models, Wilson Hayman and Steve Shaber worked on the NCMS physician hospital contracting white paper and presentations, which are available on our Physician-Hospitals webpage at http://www.ncmedsoc.org/members/members/physician_hospital/HospitalPhysicianEmploymentAgreements.DOC.
Steve Shaber offers review of medical staff by-laws, employment contracting and other services. Click here for the Resources for Employed Physicians flyer.
To see the NCMS Model Medical Staff Bylaws, please visit http://www.ncmedsoc.org/pages/organized_medstaff/org_medstaff.html.
Questions about these resources may be directed to Melanie Phelps, email@example.com or 919-833-3836.