The NCMS Student Summit: A Perfect Complement to Your Education
Sponsored by the North Carolina Medical Society, this half-day conference brings together medical students from throughout the state, offering a look at the future of health care and how you can better prepare for your chosen profession.
Date: March 4, 2017
Location: North Carolina Medical Society, 222 N. Person Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
Talks and breakout sessions include:
- Developing Physician Leadership: Identify your leadership style and learn more about leadership development programs available through the NCMS
- Financing Healthcare — Where We’ve Been, Where We Might Go: Learn about the different health care trends and where the future of medicine is heading
- The Importance of Advocacy: Why you need to get involved in legislative affairs now
- Healthy Personal Finance: Most students have a lot of debt right out of the gate. Learn how you can get a plan in place.
- Getting Involved in the AMA: Get details on how the AMA’s House of Delegates works and what you can do as a student
- Employment Arrangements: This panel discussion will further inform you about your employment options when you graduate