The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has released a concise guide to ICD-10 resources. The guide focuses on quick references and key steps you can take to get ready for the October 1 transition. Resources include:
- New Clinical Concepts Guides for specialties
- The Road to 10 online tool for physicians and other clinicians
- Brief animated videos
- A Quick Start Guide featuring 5 basic steps
In addition, CMS has released specialty specific ICD-10 guides that highlight ICD-10 concepts for the following specialties:
- Cardiology, which highlights conditions like heart failure, hypertension, heart valve disease, and more.
- Orthopedics, which highlights conditions like fractures, arthritis, shoulder pain, and more.
- Pediatrics, which highlights conditions like asthma, diabetes, bronchitis, and more.
- OB/GYN, which conditions like abdominal pain and ovarian cysts, breast lumps, preeclampsia, and more.
- Internal Medicine, which highlights conditions like chest pain, headache, heart disease, and more.
- Family Practice, which highlights conditions like diabetes, hypertension, asthma, and more.
ICD-10 will be here Oct. 1, so get ready!