Here are several other simple ways you can take action to positively influence how you are able to practice medicine – several don’t even require you to leave your desk:
- Attend the 2016 NCMS Annual Business Meeting on Saturday, Sept. 17 from 2:45 to 5 p.m. at the Grandover Resort in Greensboro. The NCMS Board of Directors will be at this important gathering as well as other health care leaders and your NCMS colleagues to discuss topics of importance to you and conduct the society’s annual business of installing new officers. This meeting is free of charge, so register today here.
- Cast your vote for the NCMS leadership. Soon the final slate of candidates to lead the NCMS will be announced and an online ballot mailed to you by a third party vendor. (If you need a paper ballot contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org). This is your opportunity to decide who will lead your professional society, and another opportunity to have a voice.
- Attend the M3 conference taking place the same weekend as the NCMS Annual Business Meeting at the Grandover, Sept. 15-18. Early bird pricing ends Monday, so register today! This conference offers you 13.75 hours of CME to educate yourself on what the future holds for health care as well as how to be an effective leader and a happy and well-balanced person in the face of the many stresses you, no doubt face. Sessions include:
- Understanding what MACRA may mean for you and your practice
- Leaders from several innovative NC ACOs will reveal their challenges – and successes
- The director of the NCMS Foundation’s acclaimed leadership development programs will help you hone your leadership skills
- Experts on keeping or regaining your resilience will inspire you to take steps to feel better, more fulfilled and happy in your life both at work and outside of work.
Learn more about what the M3 Conference can offer to help you feel more knowledgeable and in-control of your future here. Register today!
- Read your NCMS Bulletin so you don’t miss important news about your profession and the membership benefits you are entitled to receive to make your life as a physician or physician assistant better now and in the future. The Bulletin is published every other Wednesday and archived on the NCMS website. Each story is part of a blog, so it’s easy to comment on any article to make your voice heard. Just look for the comment box at the end of each article.
Take action to influence the future for your profession and yourself – it’s simple — email, register, read.