Briefly, CMS is proposing a number of modifications to the Medicare Shared Savings Program, including:
- Allowing for an additional 3 year agreement period containing no downside risk but with a lower shared savings payment potentials (40 percent);
- Adding a third track with prospective attribution and greater risk and savings potential;
- Updating the Minimum Savings Rate and Minimum Loss Rate for Track 2 to mirror Track 1;
- Changing the beneficiary assignment methodology;
- Clarifying some ambiguities in the rule;
- Improving data sharing and reducing administrative burden.
In addition, CMS is seeking comments on alternative methodologies for benchmarks.
The proposed rule is open for a 60-day comment period. The North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS) is reviewing the draft rule, and will include an analysis in the next Bulletin.