Pull out your vacation shots — it’s time for the 2012 Photo Contest! Last year’s contest solicited a wonderful response from NCMS members, showcasing the photographic skills of 34 physicians and PAs (click here to view last year’s gallery of top 13 images). We want to continue the tradition of showing off the creative talents of our members this year.
- Submit up to two of your favorite landscape, animal, or abstract images by August 1, 2012;
- Portraits are generally discouraged, as photo permissions are hard to acquire;
- Photos may be in color or black-and-white;
- Please limit photo manipulation (e.g. Photoshop). The contest is based on photographic skills;
- Contest participants are limited to NCMS members only; the NCMS member must be the actual photographer of the image submitted.
NCMS staff members will pick the finalists whose work will be on display in the 2013 Member Calendar, and NCMS members will vote for the winning image that will grace the 2013 calendar cover. All contest participants will receive a NCMS gift pack for their submissions. The contest winner also will receive an Amazon Kindle courtesy of NCMS partner Theo Davis Printing.
Send your high-resolution images (at least 300 dpi) to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a CD of your images or 8 x 10 prints to NCMS, PO Box 27167, Raleigh, NC 27611 Attn: Kristen Shipherd. The top 13 photographs will be decided by August 15, when voting opens to the public to determine the contest winner/calendar cover image.