Employed Physician Resources Available through the NCMS
Below are some of the tools and resources available through the NCMS and its partners:
- Employment Contract Review
Contract negotiation is critical to a successful Physician-Employer relationship. But often physicians dont know their obligations and underestimate their negotiating power. The NCMS has partnered with Poyner Spruill, LLP to offer NCMS members substantial savings on expert review of employment contracts. This expert review service helps members avoid risks such as unfair non-compete clauses, unfavorable scheduling, and inadequate liability protection. Special pricing is also available to Residents. For more information, contact Poyner Spruill at (919) 783-6400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Model Medical Staff Bylaws
The Medical Staff bylaws, including the fair hearing plan, is the key agreement establishing the relationship between Physicians and the Hospital, and between the Medical Staff and its individual members. The NCMS has published the Model Medical Staff Bylaws, which includes provisions that comply with the Joint Commission Medical Staff Standard MS.01.01.01 that went into effect on March 31, 2011. (Members only: click here to access the Bylaws.)
- Legal Analysis of Medical Staff Bylaws
Clear, comprehensive, well-balanced bylaws are important to the success of a hospital medical staff. How well do yours stack up? NCMS partner Poyner Spruill, LLP offers members analysis and comment on existing medical staff bylaws. Basic, Expanded, Full analysis arrangements are offered at discounted hourly rates, with optional services such as expedited review and presentation to the Medical Staff. click here for more information (PDF) or contact Poyner Spruill directly at (919) 783-6400, email@example.com.
- Latest Employed Physician News
- Just added! The AMA Resource Area on Physician Employment Agreements.
- Visit the NCMS’ Doctor-to-Doctor blog for the latest updates regarding Physician-Hospital Relations.
Other Employed Physician Resources
- MS.01.01.01 Resources
- AMA Resources
- Joint Commission
- CMS Conditions of Participation
- NC Statutes Regarding Hospital Privileges for Physicians
- NC Rules Addressing Hospital Medical Staff
- NCMS-Sponsored Presentations on Physician-Hospital Issues
- Hospital and Physician Employment Agreements (Word file — NCMS members only)
- Hospital and Physician Employment Agreements (PowerPoint — NCMS members only)
- Medical Staff Boot Camp: Rights and Responsibilities of Medical Staffs (PDF) White paper presented by Poyner Spruill LLP.