One of the most tangible ways you can help the NCMS Foundation is through your charitable contributions. Gifts support our overall mission of improving access to quality health care for all North Carolinians. Your gifts to the NCMS Foundation may be directed to a specific program or project that is meaningful to you by designating a fund from the list below when making your contribution.
- Sustainers Fund – Provides annual support for the operations of all Foundation health care initiatives and programs. Also provides general funding that allows the Foundation to research and develop potential new programs or to respond to emerging needs quickly. The Foundation’s Board of Trustees will use these funds annually where most needed. Give Now to the Sustainers Fund.
- Mitchell D. Hardison, MD Fund – A new fund created in memory of Dr. Hardison to devote resources to physician wellness activities. Learn more about this initiative at www.ncmedsoc.org/wellbeing.
- NCMS Building Renovation – An exciting giving opportunity! Funding supports a $5 million renovation currently underway to transform our professional association’s public home to the NCMS Center for Leadership in Medicine. Multiple recognition and naming opportunities available.
- Community Practitioner Program – Provides annual support for the Foundation’s 24-year-old flagship program that recruits primary care providers to provide health care to NC’s most vulnerable patients and provides business management and health care quality support to assure these providers are able to not just survive, but thrive in communities that need them most. Learn more about the Community Practitioner Program.
- NCMS Leadership College – Provides annual support for a year-long educational course designed to enhance physician and physician assistant members’ core aptitudes to excel as leaders within organized medicine, hospitals, health care systems, medical staffs, group practices and in the public policy arena. Learn more about the Leadership College.
- Estes Endowment for Health Care Access – Established to honor E. Harvey Estes, Jr., MD, this fund provides permanent support for the general operations of the NCMS Foundation and its programs to improve access to health care.
- Kanof Leadership Development Endowment – Established to honor Elizabeth P. Kanof, MD, this fund provides lasting support for physician leadership development, the NCMS Leadership College and the newly created Kanof Institute for Physician Leadership.
- Past Presidents and Leadership Endowment – Established by former presidents of the North Carolina Medical Society, this fund provides permanent support for lectures and educational programs on the subject of medicine. Today, donations are accepted from all donors and typically support educational programs focused on emerging health care trends.
For more information, contact Pam Highsmith, Director of Development North Carolina Medical Society Foundation, at 1-800-722-1350 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.