Organizations Affiliated with the NCMS
The North Carolina Medical Society Alliance (NCMS Alliance) is a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization comprised of physician spouses and physicians dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of North Carolinians through community service, advocacy and fundraising aimed at promoting better public health.
The NCMS is pleased to support several groups within the Society that work together to raise and debate issues, formulate policy, and pursue change to improve patient care and the medical profession.
County Medical Societies
The North Carolina Medical Society works in partnership with many county medical societies. Below are links to several societies in the state. For a complete listing of county societies and their leadership, please contact the NCMS Member Services department, email@example.com. For changes or questions regarding any county society listing, please contact Jennifer Soboleski.
- Buncombe County Medical Society
- Cabarrus County Medical Society
- Catawba County Medical Society
- Durham-Orange County Medical Society
- Forsyth-Stokes-Davie County Medical Society
- Greater Greensboro Society of Medicine
- Harnett County Medical and Dental Society
- Mecklenburg County Medical Society
- New Hanover-Pender County Medical Society
- Pitt County Medical Society
- Wake County Medical Society
- Western Carolina Medical Society
- Carolinas Chapter of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- NC Chapter, American College of Physicians
- North Carolina Dermatology Association
- North Carolina Neurological Society
- North Carolina Obstetrical and Gynecological Society
- North Carolina Orthopaedic Association
- North Carolina Society of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery
- North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- North Carolina Society of Pathologists
- North Carolina Spine Society
This online resource center houses the directory of NCMS preferred vendors who provide a wealth of practice management and professional benefits to members; in addition, the Marketplace features a helpful job board with current openings in the state, and a CME portal with hundreds of online educational opportunities.
Physicians Health Program
NCPHP is the only organization in North Carolina for physicians, physician assistants, veterinarians, and registered veterinary technicians offering identification, intervention, and rehabilitation programs that are non-disciplinary and confidential in practice.