Now in its eighth year, the NCMS Photo Contest is an annual tradition that has gained national recognition, and we want you to be a part of it! Submissions are currently being accepted for the 2016 contest. Think you have the perfect picture to send in? Check out the rules below.
- Contest participants are limited to current NCMS members (member physicians, PAs, residents, and medical students) only; the NCMS member must be the photographer of the image submitted.
- Submit one image by Friday, July 29, 2016. If you need ideas on what appeals to the judges, review the work of last year’s finalists.
- There will be four categories in the contest this year. Please submit images that fall into one of these and be sure to tell us under which category you are submitting your image:
- Nature – Landscapes
- Nature – Wildlife
- North Carolina (images should be of locations within the state)
- Travel (send in your best vacation shots)
- Shots should be of landscapes, animals, or abstracts, preferably horizontal in layout; images of people/portraits are generally discouraged, as photo permissions are hard to acquire;
- Please state the title of your photo, where the photo was taken, and any other information you would like to include about the image;
- Photos may be in color or black-and-white;
- Please limit photo manipulation (i.e. Photoshop). Acceptable photo manipulations include minimal dodging/burning or color correction as well as cropping of the original image. The contest is based on photographic skills and highly altered images are not currently accepted.
- NCMS staff members will pick the 13 finalists whose work will be on display in the 2017 Member Calendar.
- The grand-prize winner and category winners will be chosen by a panel of NCMS staff and affiliated jury members;
- The contest finalists will also have their images voted on by the public, with a “Viewer’s Choice” award going to the winner of online voting.
- Grand prize winner: $200 giftcard and placement on the cover of the 2017 NCMS Member Calendar
- Nature-Landscape category winner: $100 giftcard
- Nature-Wildlife category winner: $100 giftcard
- North Carolina category winner: $100 giftcard
- Travel category winner: $100 giftcard
- Other finalists: $25 giftcard and NCMS gift pack
- All contest participants will receive an NCMS gift pack
How to Enter:
Send your high-resolution images (jpg, tif, eps, or png at least 300 dpi) sized at least to 8″ x 10″ by any method below:
- Email your file to email@example.com
- Upload your digital file
- Mail a CD/flash drive with your images to NCMS, PO Box 27167, Raleigh, NC 27611 Attn: Kristen Shipherd.
The top 13 photographs will be decided by August 12, when voting opens to the public to determine the “Viewer’s Choice” winner.