August 2nd is quickly approaching — have you sent in your entry to the Photo Contest?
We have gotten some beautiful submissions already to this year’s contest, but we want to see what you have to offer! We invite you to submit your photos and show off your creative side.
- Submit up to two of your favorite landscape, animal, or abstract images by Friday, August 2, 2013;
- Please state with your submission the title of your photo, where the photo was taken, and any other information you would like to include about the image;
- Portraits are generally discouraged, as photo permissions are hard to acquire;
- Photos may be in color or black-and-white;
- Horizontal images work better for the calendar than vertical;
- Please limit photo manipulation (i.e. Photoshop). The contest is based on photographic skills;
- Contest participants are limited to current NCMS members only; the NCMS member must be the photographer of the image submitted.
- NCMS staff members will pick the 13 finalists whose work will be on display in the 2014 Member Calendar.
- Voting on the top images will be opened up to the public/NCMS members through an online survey, and winners will be determined based on the outcome of the online survey results.
All of the top 13 finalists will have their photos featured on a month within the NCMS 2014 Member Calendar, and for the first time this year, we are awarding cash prizes to the first-, second-, and third-place winners:
- 1st place prize: $200 Visa giftcard + placement on the 2014 Member Calendar cover
- 2nd place prize: $100 Visa giftcard
- 3rd place prize: $50 Visa giftcard
The ten remaining finalists will receive a $25 giftcard and an NCMS gift pack. All other entries/honorable mentions in the contest will receive an NCMS gift pack, which contains numerous prizes such as an NCMS tote bag, pens, flash drive, etc.
How to Enter:
Send your high-resolution images (at least 300 dpi) to email@example.com or mail a CD of your images or 8 x 10 prints to NCMS, PO Box 27167, Raleigh, NC 27611 Attn: Kristen Shipherd. The top 13 photographs will be decided by August 15, when voting opens to the public to determine the contest winner/calendar cover image.
Legal Terms of Photo Submission
All images submitted become the property of the North Carolina Medical Society and must be the original work of the submitting photographer and have never been copyrighted. All images submitted may be published by the North Carolina Medical Society and associated entities. The North Carolina Medical Society and its associated entities retain a non-exclusive perpetual license to publish, use, edit, adapt, modify, excerpt and/or reproduce each image in any and all media, including the Internet and including those yet to be developed.